Recreational Vehicle Frequently Asked Questions

How do I supply power to my AC 120V outlets when disconnected from hookups?

To supply your 120V outlets, you will require an inverter which takes 12V direct current (DC) from your battery and supplies 120V alternating current.

For installation you have three basic options. 

  1. Hardwired. See this site for instructions.
  2. Use an extension cord from the inverter to a power strip to supply your appliances.
  3. Plug the shore power cord into the inverter which will supply all the outlets.  When choosing this option make sure to close the breaker to the battery charger otherwise a loop will be created and your battery will be dead quickly.